I write tonight feeling completely drained emotionally and physically. Yesterday morning Emily had another seizure. That's five seizures in less than a year, the first being February 19th, 2012, and its two seizures in the last 3 weeks. She was in bed with me sleeping and her seizure woke me up. She was right next to me, stiff and jerking violently. It is the scariest thing in the world to watch happen to your baby. It is not getting any easier , in fact I find myself now living in a constant state of worry and fear. Daddy handles them better then I do. I decided to take her to the on call pediatrician Sunday after it happened to have her checked out. She saw a doctor there who I have never seen before with any of my 3 girls. She couldn't find anything wrong with Emily, other than a low grade fever and she couldn't find the cause of that. She told me that while its not uncommon for little ones to have a seizure once and awhile caused by a sudden spike in temperature, that she thinks that Emily doesn't seem to be the typical case when it comes to febrile seizures. In most cases theres a definitive reason for the fever to happen in the first place and in most cases the fever persists after being brought down by motrin and tylenol but with Emily nothing is really going on after. While I pray these are simply febrile seizures, it was nice to see a physician for once who had some compassion and who seemed to be a little more proactive as opposed to the ones who down play these episodes and act as if they are no big deal. That's all for now...
Happy Valentines Day week to my family and friends!

I so hear you :( I am happy you saw someone that at least looked like he/she cared! I am praying they are Febrile too... Hang in there!
ReplyDelete