Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Last Night Of Freedom

Tonight marks Emily's last night of freedom, cast free, for another 2 months.  Pre Op this morning went well and Em's been cleared for the OR tomorrow.  We also talked in depth about a few underying issues Emily is having.  Issues that may possibly be linked to her Progressive Infantile Scoliosis.  Issues I'm just too exhausted to speak about tonight but will tell you all about another time.  This week went by so quick.  Too quick.  I blinked and it was over.  I am feeling a great deal of sadness this evening.  Sad for my daughter who will be less then pleased to find out tomorrow that she's headed back in for another cast, sad for myself because I will truly miss her squishy hugs.  I know that she will bounce right back and be happy again in her new cast and thrive in it but at times this journey is truly a twisting and turning emotional roller coaster.  I am so grateful that we had a few beautiful days while she was out of cast.  She was able to splash in her baby pool, play in her sandbox, run through the sprinkler with her big sister and she took a nice long bubble bath everyday!!







 


I think she had a really great week!
Before signing off for the night, I want to say a special thank you to my friends Jennie Petersen and her brave and amazing daughter Sami.  They have given me so much support over the last few months.  It is a true blessing to have them both in my life.  This beautiful worry stone came to me in the mail today with a lovely card wishing Emily the best of luck tomorrow. 
 
 
One more thing...since it's now officially May 7th, I can say Happy Birthday to my beautiful Mom!  Here is a picture of me with her when I was around Emily's age. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment